Each BTS members have their own satoori, or regional dialect, which they speak — even though they try their best to hide it! Born in Ilsan and Gwacheon, RM and Jin has a Seoul/Gyeonggi dialect (also known as standard Korean). Meanwhile, Jimin and Jungkook (born in Busan) along with V and Suga (born in Daegu) has a Gyeongsang dialect. Lastly, because J-Hope born in Gwangju, he has the Jeolla dialect.
Even non-Korean speaking fans can hear different accents and word choices if they listen carefully! See how many times the members sneak satoori under.
1. Jungkook’s subtle Busan accent is a fan favorite.
— random jungkook photo (@googiefolder) February 5, 2021
2. We love both versions of Suga!
yoongi says ‘I love you’ in daegu and seoul accents pic.twitter.com/TEMBzSVuE0
— Ren⁷ ia (@serendyjxm) 23 August 2022
3. J-Hope’s adorable Jeolla accent always pops up!
— perfect_bts (@bts_perfect7) 23 April 2019
4. Jin speaks in satoori when things get serious.
Jin di satoori: HI! TRUST OUR NAMJOONIE! UEH!
Jin gets so proud when his NAMJOONIE gets the right answer again is everything pic.twitter.com/TH200cs2cv
— sh (ia) (@wwRJs) February 4, 2020
5. Daegu V dialect is everything!
— (@btsonmedium) 28 July 2018
6. This skit is three-for-one!
— (@tanniesxtgt) May 16, 2018
7. We can listen to Busan children forever.
compilation of Jungkook and Jimin talking in Busan satoori (accent) 😍
— nena °ᴗ° (@Yoongi61_5) 9 December 2019
8. ARMY can’t help but fall in love with J-Hope suddenly satoori moment.
— (@ohope) 16 September 2020
9. When being a “bad boy”, satoori Is a must!
29. Jimin & Taehyung Talk In Satoori & Act Like Bad Boys. pic.twitter.com/O9A48oHBQq
— u⁷ (@happinessspjm) June 30, 2016
10. Other members’ behavior definitely rubs off on RM — They call it Namtoori.
oh yeah it does look cozy (in a weird mix of Busan satoori and something completely Namjoon)
what kind of satoori is that
Description: unknown satoori pic.twitter.com/edyGb5Xmxi
— bora (slow) (@modooborahae) June 19, 2020
11. Jin “smacked” Jungkook at satoori the best!
— Flor JIN(사랑한다면 ) (@Flor_JIN1204) August 4, 2021
12. Everyone remembers this iconic tweet.
부산 아이 가 pic.twitter.com/gS9OWiwOpE
— (@BTS_twt) June 13, 2019
13. Suga sneaks inside satoori occasionally.
yoongi’s deep voice with a satoori accent pic.twitter.com/MdQTkJevuU
— close | was @yoongitart (@lycheemyg) January 3, 2020
Share This Post